When I accepted my role as Media Executive at Pulse I knew it would be brand new to me as I had little to no experience in working in this industry. Although my degree was mainly focused on Business, there were many thoughts going through my mind… Do I know enough about this industry to succeed? Will any of my qualifications be useful for this role? Coming from Derry to work in London, I was eager to do well and to learn as much as I could.
After my first few weeks, the number of questions I had accumulated was growing so I thought it would be a good idea to make this podcast with Stavros, one of the most experienced members at Pulse who has been working here almost since the beginning. Since Stavros studied History for his degree, he is the perfect person to give an insight on what it is like to work in a job in which you’re learning every day!
Below are a few of the questions I threw at Stavros:
- Stavros, how did you get into Media?
- What is the reasoning behind campaigns being split into different quarters?
- Who builds ad formats for campaigns?
- What are the significance of monthly impressions?
- Can you see any trends emerging in lead gen throughout different campaigns you’ve done?
- What is your take on B2B marketing?
If you have just started a role in media or even if you have been involved in this industry for a while, our podcast will give you an understanding of some of the thoughts new employees may have when entering a role that’s new to them. It will also give you an insight into the world of media and the way it works!